Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Week 24: Day 162 - 168

This week was SO BUSY! Major systems are in the works, the most important one being the social networking one. My calendar is filling up quick!

Thankfully, I'm pretty famous already. Several people are planning grand pilgrimages across vast distances just to come visit ME after I am born, such as Grandpa Larry. Grandma was so eager to see me that she came out early and helped setup my nursery. THANKS Grandma! You're Awesome!

Grandma will also be here after I'm born. And if that wasn't enough, her and Grandpa Joe are coming out for my baby shower! So is Mommy and Daddy's friend from Texas. I'm like, SO popular! Mommy is planning the Baby Shower to take place a few months from now. I can't blame everyone for wanting to come and shower me with presents. I'm Awesome! Tee Hee!

Alveoli (air sacs) have developed in my tiny little lungs. As a precaution, I've started to secrete surfactant which is like lubricant for the lungs. It helps keep my lung tissues from sticking to itself. I wouldn't that to happen, now would I?

My visual and auditory systems have begun to produce brain wave activity. I'm learning how to interpret input and I can respond to light and sound, but my brain isn't ready quite yet to comprehend any of it. I need to practice some more. If it wasn't for my super human spiritually telepathic powers, I wouldn't be able to do this blog so early in my development. Hurray for me!

I currently measure about 9" long and weigh around 1.75 pounds. Mommy is doing great and can feel me move all over the place all the time. Cool Beans, I say!

No comments: