Thursday, August 9, 2007

Lunar Month 9: Week 33 - 36

Well here we are, finally, at lunar month 8. But like I said at the beginning, most people think that a normal pregnancy is 9 months, and that's somewhat misleading. It may be about 9 Calendar months, but that's not the calendar I've been using in this blog. I've been using the Lunar Calendar, which is makes a lot more sense. A Lunar Month is the 28 day period between a particular cycle of the moon. The current calendar used by most of the world is stupid. So there.

I am now entering my 9th LUNAR month. That's 9 x 4 which is 36 weeks. Normal full term for a human is about 40 weeks, although birthing anytime after 36 weeks is considered OK. I'm mostly done developing, I just have to wait until Mommy is ready and then figure out where to go. Too bad there's no womb GPS or something.

And now, quotes:

"Children don't have to be raised. They'll grow."
- Buffy Sainte-Marie

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever You call it, whoever you are, you need one."
- Jane Howard

"A child's education should begin at least 100 years before he is born."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

"The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day."
- O. A. Battista

No comments: