Friday, October 19, 2007

5 weeks old

A: The three of us went out for dinner for the first time on 10/13. We ended up at California Tortilla. Dairy queen was being too slow and CT was right next door. I was going to order a burrito since I keep hearing that I am one, but then I fell asleep. We ended up going to DQ for dessert though.

On 10/14, I had my first real outing (beyond a short walk around the block) with just Mommy. We went to Wendy's and then her favorite store, Best Buy.

On 10/15, my 1 month birthday (no, I didn't get any cake or presents or anything... tis boo), Mommy took me to Barnes and Noble to buy a baby book. Since I can't read I don't know what it's called, but I'm sure it's something related to taking care of me. Naturally I was a huge hit. Why all these women would want to read books instead of look at me all day is something I don't quite understand.

B: I've started to get some acne, especially on my face. While this is normal, no one knows what really causes it. Mommy and Daddy have decided to give me even MORE baths as a result. yuck! On an unrelated note, I've started spitting up a lot more than usual. This is what we call "foreshadowing". Speaking of foreshadowing, I've been sleeping a bit less during the day. Unfortunately, I've not been sleeping longer at night yet. 2 more months to go for that. (yet more foreshadowing... see? I'm a literary expert!)

C: Since my vision is VERY nearsighted right now (I can only see like, 6" or 8" or whatever in front of me.. I'm not quite sure... I must've left my ruler in the womb I guess. Mommy has a ruler but she hasn't let me play with it yet. I can however notice light sources and walls. Walls are fascinating.

And now, for quotes:

To heir is human.
- Dolores E. McGuire

Adam and Eve had many advantages, but the principal one was that they escaped teething.
- Mark Twain

No comments: