Friday, October 5, 2007

Week 3 : 9/29 - 10/5

A: Well, I seemed to be more awake and alert this 3rd week than the previous 2 weeks. I can also roll onto my side if I want to. On 10/4 I had my first bath (Prior bathings were simple sponge baths). Daddy was concerned about the water temp so it was too cold for me. And there wasn't enough of it. I shivered and shivered and shivered. Brrrrrr! In protest I decided to pee on Mommy. I slept pretty good that night though. Mommy wants to give me a bath every day now.. tee hee. With all the slobbering and spit up I'm doing, that might not be such a bad idea.

B: I don't seem to have a birthmark yet. Not sure if I'll get one or not. Daddy still has one on his inner left ankle, a good 3 or 4 inches in diameter. Maybe I don't have a birthmark because I was hatched, like a Dragon? Or maybe I do have a birthmark and I just don't know yet. After all, my eyes can only focus on things that are about 6 or 8 inches away, and I can't focus on them for more than a second or three. There's no baby scale here but I've probably gained about 5 or so ounces.

C: I can discriminate between odors now! Good thing my diapers don't stink! Tee Hee! I've discovered that I prefer regular lights over bright or dim ones. Since I can literally sleep through anything, including Daddy's sneezes (which are mighty), he almost thought my hearing wasn't developing naturally.. but when I hear a loud, unfamiliar sound I stop whatever I'm doing and twitch just like I should, so my responses to sounds seems to be OK.. I'm just a deep sleeper, which is good.
I can recognize Mommy and Daddy's voice, and naturally I prefer them over the voice of strangers. Except when Daddy sings. Then I fall asleep so I don't have to listen to it anymore. It's horrible. American Idol Horrible.

No comments: