Friday, November 2, 2007

7 weeks old

What a busy busy week!! I can't wait to share everything! Here goes!!

A: Infant playing consists of quieting in the first month, smiling in the second, and squeaking in the third. Since I'm in my second, I like smiling. I also like interacting with other people.

B: Some babies at my age sleep slightly less than 9 hours a day, whereas other babies sleep nearly 16 hours a day. This variation is likely due to temperament, environment, and biological needs. I average around 12 or 13 hours or so, possibly more if I'm experiencing a growth spurt. Much of this sleep time is due to the cradle swing.. it's so comfy!! I've started reaching, though I'm not sure if this is a reflex or not yet. I need to take better notes of such milestones. Weight wise I'm gaining about half a pound a week, more or less. I still can't weigh myself yet so I'm not sure. My head's increased by about 1/2 an inch though. So much for the tiny infant hats I used to wear. I don't like hats anyway. bleh!

C: I can finally recognize Mommy and Daddy's faces about now! I react to them most favorably, whereas I might frown or grimace at a stranger's. No offense strangers... don' take it personally. I have a lot of head and leg control now. I can hold my head up for a really long time, and it only wobbles a little bit, which is why Daddy calls me a weeble wobble. I have no idea what a Weeble Wobble is though. A baby bobble head would make more sense. When my diaper gets changed or I'm playing on my gym, I can hold my legs up for several seconds at a time. It makes diaper changing much more difficult though, tee hee. My eyesight is improving rapidly. I have somewhere between 20/300 and 20/800 vision right now. What does that mean? I'm glad you asked. Normal sight is considered to be 20/20. So, I can see at 20 inches what a normal person can see at 300-800 inches away. Speaking of looking at things, I share daddy's preference for aesthetics. I like bright, high contrast object's with sharp, not soft, edges and bright flat surfaces over softer textured ones. I can sorta kinda in a way turn my head towards the object, though such movement is slow and my eyes move slower than my head, causing me to look like I have "doll eyes". And if all that wasn't enough, I am beginning to produce slightly different sounds that will soon form the basis of consonant and vowels.

---

I met Sandy and Lolly on Sat 10/27. They're the ones that helped setup my baby shower. They're great! Mommy also went to Samhain and was gone for nearly 5 whole hours!! That's the longest she's ever been away from me, aside from me sleeping in the other room. When she came back Daddy went to a Halloween party at Georgia's, but he didn't wear a costume. What a party pooper!

The next day was my first trip out to Babies R Us. Another first was visiting Gary and Amy. I was a big hit with their kids Maddie (8 months) and Stephen (2.5 yrs). Daddy took a great picture of the three of us, avail on mommy's blog site.

Monday Mommy wrapped me up in this wrap thingy that she had got from Babies R Us. She liked it a lot. Much better than the previous harness thingy that made me too warm.

Tuesday Mommy had her post-birth 6-week appt with Dr Fegley. She's all fine!

Hurray! My first Halloween. Mommy dressed me as a pumpkin. (Actually, she still does). I had a lot of fun playing on my gym, and Mommy took me for a good walk to the pond.

On Nov 1 Mommy got her flu shot, and then the three of us went out to lunch. I think the sign said Noodles, but since I can't read I'm not sure. I didn't order anything because I'm just an infant.

No comments: