Saturday, April 18, 2009

Beach Visit

Today Mommy & Daddy and I drove 1-2 hours to the beach. It was a pretty drive and I looked out the window most of the time. Lots of pretty green trees and mountains. I've never seen the Pacific ocean before. Of course, I've never seen any ocean before. Or a sea for that matter. I'm not sure what the big deal is. Looks like a lot of water. Too cold to go in though, even in the summer. The sand was kind of weird, but I liked it. There were some other kids and I played chase with them, but they kept going in the wash and Daddy wouldn't let me splash in the receding waves. It was kind of cold, but it was very windy and we weren't prepared so we didn't stay long. We ended up driving up the coast for another hour or so. There was a cool lighthouse and a bunch of cliffs and even a couple of tunnels! We then found a small, local Italian restaurant and had dinner there. Afterward we watched the sunset. Mommy seemed to like it a lot. I was kinda bored. I had missed my nap and was kinda tired too. I tried to be on my best behavior though. It was a long 2 hour trip back home and I fell asleep shortly before arriving. Anyway, I look forward to going back to the beach once it warms up and I am allowed to run around more.

No comments: